Clinical supervision assists people working in the helping professions – such as psychotherapists, psychologists, social workers, and case workers – to reflect their work. Clinical Supervision may focus on:
- Deepening understanding about the client’s psychological issues
- Developing strategies to work with difficulties in the helping relationships
- Understanding transference and countertransference
- Understanding the personal relevance and impact of the work
- Promoting self-care
- Developing skills to treat specific conditions.
In providing this work I draw on my years of experience in the welfare sector. Please note I am not registered to provide supervision for the purposes of provisional psychologist’s registration.